As a turn-key robotic automation system supplier Encore integrates robotic systems in the Automotive, Aerospace and general industry markets. A few examples of products include robotic seam sealing, robot sanding, and robotic painting systems. The position is for a Process Engineer that will work with a project team to develop and implement a process methodology for a project. The basic duties for this position include but are not limited to: Creating of the robot cell per the cell mechanical layout in an offline simulation environment, robotic path development offline with final path maturation at the customer site. Setup and calibration of the vision system at the Encore facility during runoff and the customer facility. The position will be a direct report to the Process Engineering Manager.
• Associates degree in robotic technology or 2 years of work experience in robotic sealer or robotic paint system as robot programmer is required.
• Must be proficient teaching Fanuc robots utilizing the I-Pendent. The ability to path teach ABB and other robot brands is a plus.
• Must be proficient in one of the following offline programming environments. (Fanuc PaintPro, Fanuc Handling Pro or Cenit).
• Must have experience utilizing one of the following vision systems (Fanuc 3D multi-view, or Fanuc 3DL).
• Must have experience writing Karel Logic as well as BG logic in the Fanuc controller. The ability to write RAPID logic for ABB controllers is a plus.
• Candidate must be a self-starter and willing to take responsibility for projects with minimal supervision.
• Must be mechanically inclined and willing to participate in the assembly and testing of robot systems on the shop floor as well as at the customer site. Handy with tools and comfortable in a shop environment.
• Structural analysis experience including the ability to perform hand calculations is a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft office products.
• Available to travel, including occasional international travel.
• Work well with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector.
• In good health and able to perform physically demanding lab and field work.
• Experience in robotic sealing systems
• Proficient in SolidWorks