As a turn-key robotic automation system supplier Encore integrates robotic systems in the Automotive, Aerospace and general industry markets. A few examples of products include robotic end effectors, auxiliary axis robot movers, material handling equipment etc. The position is for an Electrical Controls Engineer that will work with a project team to create controls solutions for robotic systems. The basic duties for this position include but are not limited to: control panel design pneumatic circuit design, electrical installation package development, and meet and work with customer representatives to identify customer needs and requirements for projects. The position will be a direct report to the Engineering Manager.
• Bachelor degree in electrical engineering (BSEE) is preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of professional experience in a controls design engineering role; recent graduates with strong controls engineering related project experience and internship experience will be considered.
• Must have experience using AutoCAD as a design tool. AutoCAD Electrical and E-plan experience a plus.
• Must have experience designing control systems utilizing Allen-Bradley, Siemens and Mitsubishi standard PLC’s and safety PLCs.
• Must have experience with the practical application of industrial Ethernet.
• Must have experience with the practical application of ANSI/RIA15.06 “Safe Guarding of Robotic Systems” code requirements.
• Candidate must be a self-starter and willing to take responsibility for projects with minimal supervision.
• Individual must be creative and able to generate effective and cost efficient controls design solutions within the constraints of customer design specifications.
• Must be willing to participate in the startup and debug of control systems on the shop floor and at the customer site. Handy with tools and comfortable in a shop environment.
• Must have pneumatic circuit design experience.
• Experience applying NEC hazardous location electrical code regulations to control system designs is a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft office products.
• Available to travel, including occasional international travel.
• Work well with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector.
• In good health and able to perform physically shop and field work.
• Experience in robotic systems
• Proficient in AutoCAD