As a turn-key robotic automation system supplier Encore integrates robotic systems in the Automotive, Aerospace and general industry markets. A few examples of products include robotic end effectors, auxiliary axis robot movers, material handling equipment etc. The position is for a Mechanical Engineer that will work with a project team to create cost effective mechanical solutions for robotic systems. The basic duties for this position include but are not limited to: Robotic system layouts, robot mounting structure design, field pneumatic schematics development, robot dress-out and end of arm tooling development, and meet and work with customer representatives to identify customer needs and requirements for projects. The position will be a direct report to the Engineering Manager.
• Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering (BSME) is required.
• At least 2 years of professional experience in a mechanical design engineering role; recent graduates with strong mechanical engineering related project experience and internship experience will be considered.
• Must have experience designing mechanical systems using 2D and 3D CAD software – SolidWorks and AutoCAD preferred.
• Candidate must be a self-starter and willing to take responsibility for projects with minimal supervision.
• Individual must be creative and able to generate effective and cost efficient mechanical solutions within the constraints of customer design specifications.
• Must be mechanically inclined and willing to participate in the assembly and testing of robot systems on the shop floor as well as at the customer site. Handy with tools and comfortable in a shop environment.
• Structural analysis experience including the ability to perform hand calculations is a plus.
• Must have pneumatic circuit design experience.
• Basic understanding of NEC hazardous location codes is a plus.
• Experience applying common manufacturing and machining processes where it applies to design (including mills, lathes, manual and CNC)
• Proficient in Microsoft office products.
• Available to travel, including occasional international travel.
• Work well with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector.
• In good health and able to perform physically demanding lab and field work.
• Experience in robotic systems
• Proficient in SolidWorks