As a turn-key robotic automation system supplier Encore is often on the cutting edge of new applications and processes for robotic automation and as such requires new processes devolved and proven in the lab. The job will include process development and testing as well as working with project engineering and field operations to support installation and start up when necessary. The position will be a direct report to the Product Development Manager.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical engineering is required.
• At least 4 years of professional experience in a process engineering role
• Must have experience programming robots, Fanuc experience preferred.
• The ideal candidate will have experience in coatings application and material dispensing (ie sealing applications). Sanding experience a plus.
• Candidate must be a self-starter and willing to take responsibility for projects with minimal supervision.
• Individual must be creative and able to generate innovative design solutions.
• Must be mechanically inclined and willing to participate in the assembly and testing of prototypes. Handy with tools and comfortable in a shop environment.
• Must have strong analytical abilities in order to gather and analyze data for process optimization.
• Good understanding of fluid dynamics and thermodynamics preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft office products.
• Available to travel, including occasional international travel.
• Work well with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector.
• In good health and able to perform physically demanding lab and field work.