As a Business Development Manager, you will support business growth in the areas of automated prepping, coating and sealing of automotive products. Drive viable business growth through strategic planning and activities, including product marketing, innovation and business development.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Function as key contact person to customers
• Identify and grow new business opportunities
• Promote company as strategic partner to customers
• Develop presentation and marketing materials
• Market forecasts and drive strategic initiatives
• Identifies and develops new business opportunities proactively that support business segment objectives
• Develops relationships with customer senior management that allows early identification of opportunities
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing or business
• Ability to understand technical concepts and robotic systems
• 3+ years’ experience in business strategy, executing strategy plans to achieve business success
• 5+ years’ experience with automotive automation in Paint, Trim, Powertrain or Bodyshop
• Experience and a marked ability to think strategically to impact business outcomes
• Experience with innovation from concepts through commercialization
• Well-organized with outstanding analytical skills
• A marked ability to work in diverse and cross-functional teams
• Strong, dynamic interpersonal skills
• A marked ability to communicate in a clear, concise and compelling manner (oral and written)
• Ability to plan, organize and execute in an unstructured environment
• Proficient with making presentations to all levels. Microsoft PowerPoint is the primary tool.
Encore Automation is a leader in the development, integration and installation of Automated Finishing Systems for Manufacturing Plants within the Automotive, Aerospace and General Industries. Encore Automation employs more than 60 engineers, programmers and project managers in Designing, Manufacturing and Testing, Installing, Commissioning, Servicing and Training of Systems that address the automated prep, spray application, and material dispensing processes in manufacturing and assembly plants.
Product Development Engineer Position Description
Encore Automation is in a growth mode and is looking for a product development engineer. As a turn-key robotic automation system supplier Encore integrates robotic systems in the Automotive, Aerospace and general industry markets. A few examples of products include robotic end effectors, auxiliary axis robot movers, material handling equipment etc. The position is for a mechanical engineer that will work with business development to identify customer needs, conceive and propose creative and cost effective solutions, and engineer and direct the design of the solution to bring it to reality. The job will include product testing and working with field operations to support installation and start up when necessary. The position will be a direct report to the Product Development Manager.
Product Development Engineer Position Qualifications
• Candidate must be a US Citizen due to DOD related projects.
Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering (BSME) is required.
• At least 2 years of professional experience in a mechanical design engineering role; recent graduates with strong mechanical engineering related project experience and internship experience will be considered.
• Must have experience designing mechanical systems using 3D CAD software – SolidWorks preferred.
• Candidate must be a self-starter and willing to take responsibility for projects with minimal supervision.
• Individual must be creative and able to generate innovative design solutions.
• Must be mechanically inclined and willing to participate in the assembly and testing of prototypes. Handy with tools and comfortable in a shop environment.
• Must have structural analysis experience including the ability to perform hand calculations.
• Experience applying common manufacturing and machining processes where it applies to design (including mills, lathes, manual and CNC)
• Proficient in Microsoft office products.
• Available to travel, including occasional international travel.
• Work well with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector.
• In good health and able to perform physically demanding lab and field work.
• Experience in robotic systems
• Proficient in SolidWorks